100 Case Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Preceptorship
Length of Program: 2.5 Days
CMEs: 20 AMA Category 1 CMEs
If you are applying to taking the APCA 100 Case Pathway for RPVI Credentialing, Navix will provide a letter of completion and will maintain your case log. As the sponsoring organization, we ensure the criteria required for the APCA 100 Case Pathway for RPVI Credentialing are met.
VASCULAR ULTRASOUND INTERPRETATION PRECEPTORSHIP
NAVIX’s Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Preceptorship focuses on the interpretation of vascular studies and case analysis of carotid duplex ultrasound, transcranial Doppler, peripheral arterial physiologic testing, peripheral arterial duplex ultrasound, venous duplex ultrasound and visceral vascular duplex ultrasound. Participants gain interpretation experience for up to 250 vascular ultrasound examinations presenting with diverse pathologies seen in a dedicated noninvasive vascular diagnostic laboratory.
Many fellowships programs and group practices have chosen NAVIX’s Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Preceptorship to provide their physicians with the didactic instruction, hands-on interpretation, and preparation they need for reading vascular cases and obtaining their RPVI credential.
All of NAVIX’s Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Preceptorship Programs provide the required 100 cases to meet APCA’s simulated case requirements.
Physicians, residents or fellows who are interested in the preparation and interpretation of non-invasive vascular studies.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Integrate didactic learning to interpret images and data
- Understand the relationship between physiologic and duplex findings
- Apply physical principles in the interpretation process
- Recognize artifact and technical issues
- Prepare a final interpretation that is compliant with IAC Standards
What You Should Expect
Participants will receive 100 simulated cases that include the following:
- Indications and relevant clinical information are presented to the interpreting physician
- Complete technical information for the examination should be provided, including images, cine loops, worksheets, and sonographer notes
- Interpretation worksheet for participants to complete
What You Get
- Feedback from Navix expert on your interpretation and recommendations for meeting standards
- 24 hours of Category I AMA PRA credit
- Documentation of participation, including a 100 case log and completed interpretations required for APCA 100 Case Pathway for RPVI Credentialing Exam
Program topics include:
- Physics of Vascular Ultrasound
- Cerebrovascular Anatomy and Pathophysiology
- Carotid Protocols and Diagnostic Criteria
- Intracranial Cerebrovascular Testing and Diagnostic Criteria
- Arterial Hemodynamics, Arterial Anatomy and Pathophysiology
- Peripheral Arterial System Evaluation
- Duplex Ultrasound of the Aorta-Illiac System
- Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI) Testing
- Venous Hemodynamics, Anatomy, Protocols and Criteria
- Visceral Vascular Anatomy, Protocols and Criteria
- Quality Assurance & Statistics Review
This course is designed to train physicians in all areas of vascular ultrasound including:
- Carotid Duplex Ultrasound
- Transcranial Doppler
- Peripheral Arterial Physiologic Testing
- Peripheral Arterial Duplex Ultrasound
- Venous Duplex Ultrasound
- Visceral Vascular Duplex Ultrasound
Upon completion of NAVIX’s Preceptorship, Participants should be able to:
- Recognize normal and abnormal anatomy and physiology
- Identify the key information required in a vascular study
- Compose an IAC-compliant report of a vascular study
- Describe the components of a vascular report
- Demonstrate vascular case interpretation ability
THREE REASONS why you should choose NAVIX’s Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Preceptorship
- Small group didactic lectures, hands-on scanning* & up to 32 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
- Up to 500 Preceptored Interpretations of Cases Presenting Diverse Vascular Pathologies
- Specific training in each testing modality including Cerebrovascular, Extremity Arterial, Extremity Venous & Visceral Vascular
*Hands-on scanning is available for onsite programs.
36NAVIX VASCULAR ULTRASOUND INTERPRETATION PRECEPTORSHIP
NAVIX's Preceptorship in Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation is offered in a variety of formats- live modular online course, live public course, and onsite customized course. Listed below are NAVIX's 100 Case Live Online Courses. If you are interested in scheduling a private live online or onsite course, please contact us.
October 14 - 15, 2023 - Live Online Course Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Case Modules
November 11- 12, 2023 - Live Online Course Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Case Modules
December 9 - 10, 2023 - Live Online Course Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Case Modules
January 13 - 14, 2024 - Live Online Course Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Case Modules
February 10 -11, 2024 - Live Online Course Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Case Modules
March 2 - 3, 2024 - Live Online Course Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Case Modules
April 13 - 14, 2024 - Live Online Course Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Case Modules
May 18 - 19, 2024 - Live Online Course Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Case Modules
NAVIX's customized on-site and online programs may be customized to accommodate the needs of specific groups as well as integrated into fellowship programs. All of our online Vascular Interpretation courses meet the simulated case RPVI prerequisite. If you are interested in learning more about our Vascular Interpretation Preceptorships contact us at 508-977-2807 or text 508-808-8350.
Our Satisfied Clients
I did want to take the time to specifically credit Dr. Rodriguez-Wong for doing such an amazing job in teaching in this course. She is a wonderful asset to your program as she is very knowledgeable on all aspects of the subject matter and takes the time to provide excellent didactic lectures. I will definitely recommend this course to other fellows and colleagues that are interested in learning vascular ultrasound and taking the RPVI boards in the future.
Tish is a spectacular teacher and has great integrity that she combines with her passion for the art and science of ultrasound technology. Taking a course from her felt like taking a golf lesson from Jack Nicklaus.
I really appreciated the clarity of the instructor. The didactic portion was excellent and I would definitely recommend this course.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Institute for Advanced Medical Education and NAVIX Diagnostix. The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this Live activity for a maximum of 40 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
NAVIX's Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation Course is based on proven clinical protocols that are currently being practiced in more than 100 non-invasive vascular laboratories. NAVIX's vascular ultrasound labs are IAC accredited.
100 Myles Standish Blvd
Taunton, MA 02780